DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
PONDICHERRY ENGINEERING COLLEGE
Dr.Alamelu Nachiappan,B.E., M.E., Ph.D.,
Phone: 0413-2655281-288, Extn.:508
| Educational Profile: |
| Ph.D.(2007) |
|Specialization|| : Power Control in Wireless Communications |
|Institution || : Pondicherry University |
|Univesity || : Pondicherry University |
| M.E(1988) |
|Course || : Power Systems |
|Institution || : Annamalai University |
|University || : Annamalai University |
| B.E(1984) |
|Course || : Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering |
|Institution || : Annamalai University |
|University|| : Annamalai University |
| Personal Experience: |
- Professor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Pondicherry Engineering College (2010 - present)
- Associate Professor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Pondicherry Engineering College (2007 - 2010)
- Assistant Professor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Pondicherry Engineering College (August 2004 - 2007)
- Assistant Professor and Head of EEE and ECE,Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry (2001-2004)
- Assistant Professor,Vice-Principal and Head of EEE,Pauls Engineering College, Pulichapallam, Vanur(1997-2001)
- Lecturer, Computer Science, Pope John Paul II College of Education, Puducherry (1989-1993) - Teaching Both PG and UG
- Lecturer, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering, Annamalai University (1984-1989) - Teaching Both PG and UG
| Publications: |
| International Journals: |
- "Performance and capacity improvements of sub channel power controlled MC-CDMA system under multipath channels", International Journal of Mobile Network Design and Innovation, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2005, pp. 34-39.
- "Adaptive fuzzy genetic algorithm based power and threshold SIR control for MC-CDMA systems", International Journal of Mobile Network Design and Innovation, Vol. 1, No. 3 /4, 2006, pp. 240-247.
- "Feature Extraction Algorithms for Abnormality Quantification from Medical Thermograms", International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering (IJRTE), Issue on Electrical & Electronics, ISSN 1797-9617, Volume 1, Number 3, May 2009, pp.350-352.
- "Performance Investigation of Virtual Private Networks with Different Bandwidth Allocations", International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Volume 7, Issue 1, No.1, pp 58-63, Jan 2010
- "Euclidean Distance Based Color Image Segmentation of Abnormality Detection from Pseudo Color Thermographs", International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 4, August, 2010, ISSN: 1793-8201, pp.514-516.
- "A new data transfer scheme based on bandwidth allocation for virtual private networks", International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol 2(5), 2010 pp 827-836.
- "Optimising energy delay metric for performance enhancement of wireless sensor networks", International journal of Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol2(5), 2010, pp 1289-97.
- "A survey of QOS routing protocols for mobile adhoc networks", International Journal of Computer Science and Information, Vol 2, issue 4, 2010, pp 125-131.
- "Agent Based Adaptive Multi-constrained Multicast routing with QoS Guarantees in MANETs", Recent Trends in Networks and Communications, Vol 90,Part-I, 2010, pp 200-213.
- "Adaptive beamforming for MC-CDMA systems", International journal of Mobile Network design and Innovation, Vol 3, No. 3, 2010, pp 154-159.
- "Extraction and Quantification techniques for Abnormality Detection from Medical Thermographs In Human", International Journal of Technology And Engineering System,Vol.1 No.2 July-Sep 2010, ISSN:0976-269X, PP.120-124.
- Adaptive Band based Power Control for MC-CDMA System using Fuzzy Genetic Algorithm", Institution of Engineers, India, Vol. 89, November, 2008, pp 11-16.
- "Subchannel power controlled MC-CDMA systems with adaptive beamforming," Proceedings of the Fourteenth National Conference on Communications, NCC2008, Mumbai, February 2008, pp 374-378.
- "Hotspot based detection of breast cancer and fibroadenoma from IR thermographs", Proceedings of National Symposium on instrumentation, NSI-34, Pune, India, Jan 2010, p 24.
- "Subchannel power controlled MC-CDMA systems with Adaptive Beamforming", Proceedings of the Fourteenth National Conference on Communications, NCC-2008, Mumbai, February 2008, pp 374-378.
- "Subchannel power control for MC-CDMA system using Fuzzy PI control alogorithm" Proceedings of National Conference on Communications, NCC2006, paper 139, 2006, Delhi, pp 478-482.
| International Conference: |
- "Adaptive SIR based power control for CDMA system using fuzzy genetic algorithm" Proceedings of International Union for radio Systems General Assembly, URSIGA 2005, New Delhi, CP-4.
- "Subchannel power control for MC-CDMA system using fuzzy genetic algorithm", Proceedings of IEEE International conference on wireless and optical communications networks (WOCN-2006), Bangalore, DOI 10.1109/ WOCN.2006. 1666590, April 2006.
- "Adaptive resource allocation in Multi-user OFDM systems", Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications, ICCIMA-07, Sivakasi, India, 2007, pp 342-346.
- "Abnormality detection from Medical thermographs in human using Euclidean Distance based color image segmentation", International conference on signal acquisition and processing, ICSAP, Bangalore, India, 2010, pp 73-75.
- "Extraction and quantification techniques for abnormality detection from medical thermographs in human", CD proceedings of IEEE International conference on computing, communication and Networking (ICCN-2010), Karur, India, July 2010, ID 56.
- "Wavelet based statistical descriptor for precise decision making in the interpretation of breast cancer thermographs", Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Quantitative Infrared Thermography, QIRT 2010, Quebec,Canada, 2010.
- "Wavelet based abnormality extraction and quantification algorithm for Thermographs depicting diseases in Human", Proceedinging of International Conference on Fiberoptics and Photonics, IIT Delhi, India, December 2008, pp 419.
- "Agent based adaptive multicast routing with QoS granatees in MANETs", International conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies, ICCCNT, Karur, India, 2010.
- "Agent based adaptive multiconstrained multicast routing with QoS guarantees in MANETs", The second international conference on Networks and communications, NeCoM-2010, Chennai, India, 2010,
- University Committee-Board of Studies,Pondicherry University
- University Committee-Academic Board,Pondicherry University
| Courses / Conferences Attended: |
- Applications of Wavelet and soft computing techniques for power Quality analysis- AICTE- Dr Mahalingam College of Engg and Tech. Pollachi- - Nov 15-27 2010
- Smart operation and control of electrical machines and power systems- Pondicherry Engg college, Puducherry -EEE- June 02-12 2010
- Recent trends in parallel and distributed systems- Pondicherry Engg College, Puducherry -CSE-Nov 16-27 2009
- Intelligent system applications to future challenges in power engineering- AICTE- Pondicherry Engg. college, Puducherry -EEE- Sept 09-11 2009
- Computational techniques in power electronics and power systems- Adhi Prasakthi Engg College, Melmaruvathur, -AICTE/ISTE- March 17-21
- Integrated Renewable solar energy for wireless mesh networks-Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College, Madagadipet, 2012
- Power control for MC CDMA systems- Christ College of Engineering, 2012
- Wireless meshnetworks, Annai engineering College, Kumbakonam, 2012
- Advanced Radiation systems- Jayaram Engineering College, Trichy 2011
- Infrared Thermograms AVC College of Engineering Mayiladuthurai 2011
- Digital signal controllers- CK College of Engineering, Cuddalore 2010
- Recent advances in wireless networks- Sai Ram Engineering College, Tambaram, Chennai 2010
- Continuous time digital signal processing, Mailam Engineering College, Mailam, 2009
| Courses taught: |
| PG Level Courses: |
Digital Signal Processing
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Electronic Circuits
- Analog and Digital Integrated Circuits
- Digital Signal Processing
- Digital Control Systems
- Pulse and Digital cirucits
- Electromagnetic Field Theory
- Electronics Lab